[Sussex] Proxy servers

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Thu Feb 27 11:26:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 10:28, Andrew Guard wrote:
> Bandwidth is get more and more imposable to manage?  Do you know of any good
> free proxy servers ISO's?

What exactly do you need it for? SmoothWall/IPCop has a proxy server
buily in, but I consider them to be crap. I really, really hate proxys.
:)

If it's bandwidth limitation, theres all sorts of funky stuff that can
be done with traffic shaping under the 2.4 kernel. If you're running a
linux firewall...

Jon

P.S. Everyone knows the one true firewall OS is OpenBSD :)
--
Jon Fautley <jon at geekpeople.net>
GeekPeople.net