[Sussex] An odd question....

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Thu Jan 9 17:34:03 UTC 2003

> Nik Butler, for instance, will talk very strongly in favour of getting out
> there and getting on with it.  This is because these jobs are strongly based
Actually Office and People skills are what are lacking from Graduates
today. Many of them dont know how to respond on the phone, how to talk
to customers, how to respond to requests and prioritise their work.

These skills are learnt in the office and mnay office based staff resent
having to educate degree level employees who are supposed to be better
educated.

Get some office and people skills under your belt and then worry about
fixing computers.

As a example Jon Fautley keeps blowing away my customers who are
suprised about his experience and ability compared to his age and
qualifications.