[Sussex] Did you ever get to Elite ?

Mark Harrison mark.harrison at ekingfisher.com
Sat Jan 11 15:30:00 UTC 2003

One word:

	Populous

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nik Butler [mailto:nik at wired4life.org]
Sent: 11 January 2003 11:25
To: Sussex
Subject: [Sussex] Did you ever get to Elite ?

Many many years ago, when people like Jon, George and Tom were but
terrible twos in their parents care I was a dangerous Rogue trader on
the edges of the iridin space ways......

Elite

I loved it , pure arcade trading power.. all on  your friendly
nieghbourhood BBC micro.

8 bit action, 1000% pleasure the days before OpenGL, DirectX and
xPolygons power...

I loved that game  on so many levels. You talked about it with your
friends at school. you compared trading prices with friends looking for
better lanes of commerce. You met up at nights ( draggin your BBC round
to a friends house ) to play nights of comparative trading and piracy.

This was the Game to Copy and the game to brag about.

Now I discover that its still loved and cherished and cared for. Having
read NTK ( www.ntk.net ) I see that its possible to grab Brabens sequel
to this special game Frontier and run it again......

Goodbye, Halo
So Long Splinter Cell
Farewall DOA3
adios Combat Fight Simulator

Im going back to my 8bit days and reminicing.

oh and it runs on linux so this thread is still relevant!

Nik