[Sussex] Definetly No Linux Thread here

The ol' tealeg tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sat Jan 11 20:12:00 UTC 2003

Mark wrote:
-----------
> Thank you for a thought-provoking piece. I fully agree with most of
> it.

I'm just gald someone actually read it ;)

> However, your contention below is something I'd like to challenge. It
> may well be that you are right, but I think that the subject needs a
> Devil's advocate:

Every subject needs discussion.

In answer to your point.  I have no problem with MP's being paid high
salaries (higher than now) they could earn a lot more than they do and
not be a significant drain on the UK economy.  I would be happy for them
to earn the salary commersuarte with their responsibility if it would
ensure that they could not come under undue influence from wealthy
business men - something that is definitely a factor in the current
system both here and in the USA.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org