[Sussex] vga=ask ???

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Tue Jan 21 00:24:00 UTC 2003

Chaps,

A lilo question.  I would like to adjust the console resolution on my
machine.  Dutifly I go to the /etc/lilo.conf file and add the line:

vga=ask

... and then run /sbin/lilo.

At boot time, lo and behold I am prompted to select from a list of
console mode, press space to continue of wait 30 seconds.  However, no
matter what I do from that point onward the system will crash whenever
it gets to the apmd!

I've done this on Gentoo, Red Hat and Debian - they all do the same
thing, if I take vga=ask out the machine boots fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
GJT
tealeg at member.fsf.org