[Sussex] Grey Hairs and Procmails

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Thu Jan 23 17:36:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 05:04  pm, Nik Butler wrote:

> So I upgraded from bogo std mbox to Maildir format mail now im
> wondering
> how to get procmail to read my inbox at the end of the day and file
> stuff read or unread to respective folders.
>
> my procmail recipes worked just fine on mbox but im a little unstuck in
> the maildir format......
>

> /usr/local/bin/formail -s /usr/local/bin/procmail ~/Mail/procmailrc
> <~/Mail/$1
>

> where $1 was originally the mbox format mail folder.
>

> So how do I rewrite that ? cause I assume its gotta read the maildir
> formatted stuff which is loads of emails in there own files.....

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2001-08/0029.html seems
to mention something about putting a trailing / on the end (from a
quick google search).

Personally I've never tried it with Maildirs, only because they ain't
standard.

Obviously check out http://www.procmail.org (you have already done that
haven't you?).

Neil.