[Sussex] Wireless at the Ye Old Kings Head

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Thu Jan 30 08:48:01 UTC 2003

Okay first off

Thanks to John and Jon and Neil(simmons) for you assist at the initial
meeting at the Kngs head.

The demo went very well an we established some good coverage and
acceptable ( okay 5.5mbit) bitrates for the demonstration.

We utilised a Wap11 Base station with Sitecom PC Cards and a PDA with
some Flash Wireless card....

I believe the proprietor is looking to move forward with this and would
like to see a demonstration using a more powerful basestation. We may
then need to do a second site survey using a map of the hotel to clarify
the results.

This looks to be very positive though and the success of this project
looks well defined.

So thanks to those who have helped so far. Im off to see if I can swag a
bigger basestation

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.