[Sussex] Weather Reports Please

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Thu Jan 30 13:46:01 UTC 2003

> Guys

> Here in BERKS the Council doesn't appear to believe in gritting the
> roads.  As the roads are currently covered with a thin film of water as
> soon as the sun goes down...
>
> So has/is it snowing down Horsham way yet.  Are the roads being gritted?
> I remember that Geoff said that he saw a few flakes of snow - now many
> and how deep?  I also remember the John said they gritted last night.
> Have they continued? Is what's down coping?

What can I say, it snowed... for about 30 seconds, then stopped. The skies
have been threatening more, but everything looks normal with green grass,
but just as I add this, tiny flakes start to fall. They haven't settled
yet....

Berkshire weather forecasts look less than promising though:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0321&links

Weather Underground's Map of UK looks like this atm:
http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/i_uk_st.gif
http://www.wunderground.org/global/stations/03763.html

Satellite images:
http://www.intellicast.com/LocalWeather/World/Satellite/Europe/