[Sussex] Anyone Slashdot anymore?

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 11:24:18 UTC 2003

Useful??

Er, I'm not sure it's useful - I find the ocassional article on there that
fires my imagination.  It's not the best source for trade news - the
Register is a more reliable source - and it often shows rumour and
congecture which can be entertaining, but worthless.

It does still make the mental shortlist of sites to check when I get a
moment - my morning and / or lunctime routine goes like this:

www.userfriendly.org
www.evertonfc.com
www.bluekipper.com
www.theregister.co.uk
www.gentoo.org
www.linux.org.uk

.. that varies slightly from day to day.. but anything outside that list is
random browsing.

If you checked my logs at work you'd probably find that my most-hit site is
the Sussex LUG mailing list administration page.

--
Freedom is something we assume, then we wait for someone to take it away
from us.  The degree to which we resist is the degree to which we are free.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org