[Sussex] When Dynamic Web Pages go wrong

Geoffrey Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu Jul 3 15:54:01 UTC 2003

<warning> This E-Mail is in bad taste - but it _is_ only a joke </warning>

Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J wrote:

>I couldn't resist, I had to see what small children Amazon were offering at
>"discount Prices"... ;o)

Obviously, this makes sense.  You can't blame Amazon for selling small
children at a discount price - they are of course a time-dependant
resource.  The value of a small child drops sharply as they approach
teen age years and so they can be considered a perishable product.  Thus
discounting before they reach their best-before date is a perfectly
acceptable busines practice.

..I really don't see what everyone is getting so excited about..

Incedently it is normal practice in supermarkets to offer staff special
discounts on things that are actually on their best before date, after
this anything that is left other has to be destroyed or spoiled so as to
avoid tramps and scavengers making use of it.