[Sussex] Which distro?

AG antiguru at fade.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:56:00 UTC 2003

At 05:11 04/07/03 -0400, you wrote:
>As others on this list have complained about Debian doesn't have
>a graphical installer.  Here that would be an advantage.  As a
>Debian user I therefore claim: Use Debian.
>
>Steve

I don't mind text only installs, it's just things like BSD that I find
*extremely* frustrating (not to say competely impenetrable) and I infer
from the general enthusiasm over Debian that it's installer is more
"occassionally challenging" rather than "what psychotic nutter thought up
this mental-assault-course-thinly-disguised-as-an-installer".

Can Debian cope with only 64Mb RAM in this scenario though? I *could* get a
128Mb EDO buffered stick from Kingston, but paying £70+ for outdated RAM
seems perverse, to say nothing of the fact that there are several other
things I'd happily spend that on.

Thus far, then- Debian.

Any nay-sayers?

Thanks for all the advice thus far!