[Sussex] UC!

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 12:19:00 UTC 2003

I don't know _why_ "young people" get into Linux - in my case it was,
originally, because I've been using Unix since the late 80s :-)

As time goes by, I'm less and less fussed about which O/S I used, and only
really concerned with the application software I want to run - it is
application software choice that determines which O/S I put on a machine.

As recently as a couple of years ago, Windows had (for the applications I
needed - your mileage may vary) a strong advantage.

Now, I'd say it's about 50:50... and swinging more towards Linux every
quarter.

Regards,

Mark