[Sussex] Newbie Kernel problems ...

Dominic Clay dominic.clay at cardinus.com
Wed Jul 16 09:58:02 UTC 2003

Geoff,

Yes I have the 2.2.20 kernel which was _a_binary_ found on the install
disk.
I also have a working 2.4.18 kernel that was downloaded _as_a_binary_.

I'm sure it must be possible to compile it myself but where do I find
that setting?

I was quite keen on this 2.4.21 source when I saw in the menuconfig menu
reference to my Radeon graphics card.  Would a driver in the kernel help
my other problems finding a driver for this Radion mobility card under
X?

Even if this is not the case.. (and I suspect it's not).  This whole IDE
thing is damned anoying and apparently completely undocumented
anywhere... :{

I also need to have a functioning .config file to compile lots of things
against so I feel totally stuck.

On another note:
Steve D:  Do you still want to have a go with my old USB broadband
modem?  I have found it, dug it out and it is available whenever you
wish :)

Dominic