[Sussex] Most insanely useful software every written

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Mon Jul 28 15:45:00 UTC 2003

> I feel spec creep coming on :-)
>
> Geoff is becoming a PHB!

/me checks hair..

.. nope..

> So does od; I do use it a lot sometimes with "-x" sometimes with "-c"

od is a perfectly acceptable answer.  We all need octal dump ;-)

> Damn that spec creep!!!
> If I'm running vmware does it count as a user land process then?

Hmmm, sneaky.   But really, the point was I am genuinely interested in what
people use the most, or to the best effect, not what they think the most
vital piece of the OS is.  To this end, while 'ls' is a valid answer, it's
frankly a not very interesting one.  'od' on the other hand takes me by
suprise, but if octal dump you will then octal dump you must, - I guess..

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com
--