[Sussex] Would a p2p Kernel tree work ?

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Sun Jun 1 20:08:00 UTC 2003

> are downloading. You could have a corrupt kernel, or something that may
> have backdoors in it. You are making your computers very insecure this
> way.
which is why I qualified the question with , assuming Security could be
handled..... so please lets not go down the thread most trodden.
security in p2p for this question not relevant. Yet !

> I know what I'd like to see though, p2p compilations, like the people who
> crack rc5, they download a section of stored data, which is compiled and
> returned to the server (like distcc, but on a worldwide scale)
this is what i meant, but using p2p to discover other clients who share
similar hardware architecture and grab/offer relevant patches to match
the architecture.

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

apt-get upgrade life++