[Sussex] Re: Kylix and now PHP!

john big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jun 6 08:53:02 UTC 2003

Which was the exact same point that I was trying to make Steve. M$ try to hold
on to the grossly inflated prices irrespective of how much they sell, though
every now and again, when they think that a big enough part of their market
is threatened then they go some way to appease the growing number of
refusnik's with some goodies i.e. the freebies brought about by the last
round of restrictive licencing.

I also feel that your  last paragraph has hit the nail on the head and IMO the
only way to make them change their ways is the same as experienced by
Macdonalds and the reasons for changing their menu - loss of revenue. It's
about the only thing that major corporations understand!