[Sussex] Recommendations for getting hardware

Jon Fautley jon at 3ait.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 08:53:01 UTC 2003

On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 08:21 AM, Steve Dobson wrote:

> All
>
> I'm think of building a Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and that puts me
> in the
>
> market for some hardware.  Any recommendations on places to go.  I plan
> build the system to my spec, and I'm quite happy building the system
> from
> the "bag of bits".
>
> Any recommendations on places to go (on the net) to get the case,
> motherboard,
> CPU(s), etc from.

Hmm, firstly I got a little concerned when you posted, as my mailclient
chopped off the last 4 letters of the subject :|

Ebuyer.co.uk/dabs.com are quite good, as is redstore.com  - which is
also nice and cheeeep :)

If you're after small boxes, then see www.linitx.com - but as you have a
meshbook, you prolly know that already ;)

Also, i'm guessing you've seen http://freevo.sourceforge.net/

Jon

believed to be clean.