[Sussex] Recommendations for getting hardware

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Mon Jun 9 09:06:00 UTC 2003

Neil / John

Thanks for the post.  It's been a while since I last when shopping
for non-laptop hardware, and it's always worth finding out where
others shop on-line.

On 09 June 2003 at 08:52 Jon Fautley wrote:
> Hmm, firstly I got a little concerned when you posted, as my
> mailclient chopped off the last 4 letters of the subject :|

Time you got yourself a better MUA.

<snip>

> If you're after small boxes, then see www.linitx.com - but as
> you have a meshbook, you prolly know that already ;)

This time I'm thinking tower.  I've gotta but the disk drivers some
where so it may as well be in the same box.

> Also, i'm guessing you've seen http://freevo.sourceforge.net/

There's also http://www.mythtv.org and I also found that I can get
the advanced listing of programs in XMLTV format, so one can build
a DIY TiVo, and that looks kinda fun.