[Sussex] DVB-T

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Mon Jun 30 13:58:00 UTC 2003

Charles

On 30 June 2003 at 13:35 Charles H. Brain
> Resent - I was not subscribed before Duh!

Welcome to the list.

> I have suddenly had this urge to put together a dedicated Linux box
> to act as a Digital Video Recorder. More exactly to handle terrestrial
> digital broadcasting. I have had a look at the LinuxTv website but I am
> a bit confused as to what the best approach is.
>
> Has anyone tried to put something together like this here ?

I had a look a little while ago.  Checkout www.freevo.org and www.mythtv.org
for software.  There are recomendations and reports in their FAQs about
hardware that is supported.

In the end I decided to to build a system.  Not because it was too hard but
because I don't record enought stuff (haven't reset my VHS video clock for
more than a yeat now) to be worth the agro.

Good luke