[Sussex] Cable modems etc.

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Mon Mar 3 14:20:01 UTC 2003

As far as I know, UK cable operators don't do this .... but a number of US
cable companies register the MAC address of the computer used to set up the
cable modem connection.  They then bar other computers as a crude way to
try and extract money from their customers for multi-user accounts.
Setting up the cable modem connection with the Linux box would seem a wise
option.

  Iain

--On Monday, March 3, 2003 12:41 pm +0000 Derek Harding