[Sussex] Cable modems etc.

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Mon Mar 3 22:47:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:25:28 -0000, Stuart Jeffrey wrote:
> Actually that is a good point... I believe that Telewest do something
> similar to this (I know someone in north london with it), but if you
> connect another pc u have to wait 245 hours for it to renew the mac
> address.....  Although u can phone them and get them to force and
> update!

Phoning them is relatively painless, I've had to do it for a couple of
customers. They also have a web interface as well. You have to reboot
the router as part of the process.

To the best of my knowledge no UK cable supplier supplies anything
other than Ethernet devices, although the Telewest ones do offer USB as
an option.

Neil.
--
Neil Ford