[Sussex] Redeham, Coinford/Claybrook was :Dell.. again

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Wed Mar 5 16:48:09 UTC 2003

Mat

On 05 March 2003 at 16:32 Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J wrote:
> >0\ It's far from round.
> >1\ The Paymaster General nolonger has anything to do with the area.
>
> The man's even counting in binary now!  Doesn't that mean
> something to you people? :oP

No he's counting from the integer you can represent physically,
which is correct - C, C++ and Java to name but three programs start
their array indexes at 0.

Until he moves into a number represented as a*X^2 + b we can't
tell which base he is using.

Let's start a book.
I vote for octal.

The prise: Geoff copy of "The C Programming Language" :-)