[Sussex] Good news.

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 13:59:02 UTC 2003

I have finally managed to get my order with Dell corrected and underway -
that's just under 3 weeks since I originally ordered.  As I have quotes for
the with Red Hat Pro 8.0 and for the same machine with Windows XP Pro I can
tell you that the Red Hat deal is exactly £50 cheaper (a pitance in the
scheme of this machine) and includes 1 years full support from Red Hat and 3
years Red Hat Network subscription.  I would suggest that Red Hat represents
far better value for money for the average Workstation user.

Personally I would have preferred that they ship the machine OS free and not
charge me (a discounted) £80 for Red Hat media and support.

If that wasn't enough to put a smile on my face I also now have my greasy
paws on a copy of Ani DiFranco's new album `Evolve` - if you actually _like_
music ("Music" can of course can be defined as that stuff that doesn't get
played on the radio) I'd thoroughly recommend this (or any other) of her
albums.

Ani is pretty much the one-woman, musical equivalent of the Debian project.
She runs her own record company (http://www.righteousbabe.com) which gives
her artistic freedom almost no-one else enjoys, and as such her albums
replace the normal copyright notice with:

"Unauthorised duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good as
the real thing"

... which I think pretty much sums up her attitude.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

"make music like mercy that gives what it is and has nothing to prove"
 - Ani DiFranco "Up Up Up Up Up Up"

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company