[Sussex] A kernel question (!)

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 15:50:10 UTC 2003

Here's one for the cutting edge of the group:

I'm now running a 2.5.63 kernel in the day to day - it's lovelly,
responsive, fast has ALSA built in, dang I love it.  However, there is one
minor annoyance - when I select the 2.5.63 from my GRUB menu (as opposed to
2.4.20) my /usr partition fails to mount (its at /dev/hdb2) - which in turn
means a number of things fail to happen.  When I log in I can then mount
/usr and manually start things, but obviously this is not ideal.

Can any kernel fiends see an obvious blunder here (before I go a-looking)?

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

"make music like mercy that gives what it is and has nothing to prove"
 - Ani DiFranco "Up Up Up Up Up Up"

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company