[Sussex] Tie becomes unbound

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Wed Mar 12 07:37:13 UTC 2003

Nik

On 11 March 2003 at 19:36 Nik Butler wrote:
> Seems the man who took on the civil service to argue that Tie wearing
> was sexist has won his court case
> 	http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2840013.stm

The news reports I heard on the radio said that it was only sexist because
the new dress code imposed by his employer required men to wear a shirt and
tie women were still allowed to where tee shirts.

As tee shirts are clearly a unisex item of clothing that dress code is
clearly
sexiest.  If the code require women to ware a blouse I don't think he would
have
won.

As a tie is considered to be part of a "smart" man's dress code but not a
woman's
I would thing that that case would be the important one.  Does someone on
this
list who's wife is a lawyer agree with me here - or am I way of the mark.