[Sussex] Amiga

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Thu Mar 13 14:25:02 UTC 2003

--On Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:41 pm +0000 Andrew Guard
<agua at coinford.co.uk> wrote:

> This PPC motherboard market is of course a new market for Terrasoft who,
> despite the best wishes of those who would do anything to see genuine
> Amiga supporting companies such as us and Hyperion fail, are really a
> very small company that have historcally made their money selling Linux
> books and merchandise, and providing paid some YDL support to companies.

Were it not for the Yellowdog Linux distribution those guys have provided
for several years I wouldn't be using Linux now (on 2 Mac 9600s).  After
the demise of LinuxPPC they virtually kept the Mac end of the Linux market
going.  They may be wrong to go into the board market but I think the tone
of the above comment is out of step with Terrasoft's actual contribution to
the Linux cause.

<.... end of proclamation from soapbox >

  Iain