[Sussex] Improving on UNIX

Andrew Guard agua at coinford.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 09:05:01 UTC 2003

The first thing you have to understand about BeOS file system is that it's
not an file system but an data base.  There are some massive advantages and
it is why Microsoft is doing a lot R&D work in this area so expect lot
patents on this issue very soon.  The are some serious problems as well but
user dosn't know about them unless understand the issues involved.