[Sussex] Improving on UNIX

dominic.clay at btopenworld.com dominic.clay at btopenworld.com
Fri Mar 14 12:10:00 UTC 2003

Chaps,

Sorry about sounding a little supercilious :)
One of my pet hates is the idea that A is all good because B has flaws.  I am really interested in learning to use Linux (etc) as much as possible for its own sake, not because I begrudge Mr Gates his empire.
If I find Linux a more efficient and elegant mechanism to do a job, then I will use it.  I believe that this is what we should consider when attempting to improve the worlds view on Unices, not the fact that MS have done it first.

I'm sure that there are many systems that could be different in the non-MS specific world (my current favourite is BIND and 'named' configuration!!!!)  Why don't we talk about that :)

Sorry I'm being supercilious again :)

Cheers,
Dominic