[Sussex] Dell again

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 11:59:00 UTC 2003

> I resemble that remark, after all my Sony has no battery life.

I think this is the common experience of Vaio owners (except those with the
rather gorgeous CH1MP (geddit?)).

> hey my last Sony was second only to AOL as a effective coaster.

I love AOL CD's they have cool pass-phrases that are nearly always
humourous, and then they are useful for so many things:

* Coasters

* Frisbees

<warning type="BAD_TASTE">
* Reflective tiling (rumour has it that NASA had recently switched from
using Ceramic tiles on the spaceshuttle to discarded AOL cd's - though
judging by the catastrophic failure these must have actually have been Win
XP cd's ;)  ).
</warning>

* Manufacturing your own outifts (As worn in Dr. Who).

* Re-label groups of three of them as copies of the Derek Bailey, Pat
Metheny, Gregg Bendian and Paul Wertico album "The Sign of Four" to give as
gifts to your Avent Garde friends (yes this album _does_ sound exactly like
an AOL CD in a normal CD player).

* Cut rectangular sections out of them and sell them as vanity mirrors to
stupid people.

* Glue a pile of them together to make and attractive set of bookends.

* Affix a small lamp to the centre of the CD and then attach the whole thing
to a head band thus allowing you to pose as a bogus surgeon.

* Use them as wheels for the go cart of a child you don't like.

* Put a nail in a wall and use them as a handy hoop-la game.

* Use them as a form of office currency.

* Raid the office rubber band supply and use them to set up an inter-office,
indoor clay-pigeon shooting competition.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

"make music like mercy that gives what it is and has nothing to prove"
 - Ani DiFranco "Up Up Up Up Up Up"

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company