[Sussex] The Definitive Desktop Environment Comparison

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 18:44:00 UTC 2003

John,

Are you seriously contending that because a reviewer has rated a Microsoft
product above a Linux one, it is evidence that they have been tainted or bribed?
I'd say that _that_ represents a viewpoint more biased than the reviewer showed,
albeit in the right direction :-)

Asking that the tests be carried out on a set of users with no Windows
experience is, sadly, not a good model for the ecosystem in which Linux needs to
compete. If Linux wants to gain share on the desktop, it has to cater for people
coming to it from Windows, not coming to it from cold.

Mark