[Sussex] Hello!

Ciaran Hamilton sussexlug at theblob.org
Tue Mar 25 12:56:00 UTC 2003

Hi all,

Ive been lurking on this list for a week or so now and it looks
interesting, so I think I'll introduce myself. :D

I'm Ciaran Hamilton. I'm a 20 year old male who lives in East Grinstead.
I currently run Mandrake Linux 9.0 as my main OS and have been doing so
for just over a month now. I would have switched before but I live with
my parents and they still needed to use the computer, and they didn't
want to learn Linux. :( Still, they have their own shiny new XP computer
now, so I'm happy. :)

Actually, I'm planning to completely repartition this computer's 60GB
hard drive soon (probably tomorrow) as I want to allocate more space to
Linux (it currently has a swap partition, / and /home all mounted in
10GB). I wanted to reverse the situation so that Linux has 50GB and
Windows has 10GB (yes, I am keeping Windows, but I probably won't be
using it much). Any ideas on a good partitioning strategy, given that my
computer has 256MB of RAM?

I hope to see you guys some time. :D

 - Ciaran.