[Sussex] Hello!

Robin Shepheard robin at shepheard-son.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 14:28:00 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ciaran Hamilton" <sussexlug at theblob.org>
To: <sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 12:54 PM
Subject: [Sussex] Hello!

> Hi all,
>
> Ive been lurking on this list for a week or so now and it looks
> interesting, so I think I'll introduce myself. :D

Hiya, I didn't get much of a chance to lurk as I was after going to the lug
meet and only found out about it the day before :)

> I currently run Mandrake Linux 9.0 as my main OS and have been doing so
> for just over a month now.

I run redhat as my choice so far but have a copy of mandrake on my machine
as well (nobody with any real self-respect would have a hard disk like mine,
but hell I can live without it)

> Actually, I'm planning to completely repartition this computer's 60GB
> hard drive soon (probably tomorrow) as I want to allocate more space to
> Linux (it currently has a swap partition, / and /home all mounted in
> 10GB). I wanted to reverse the situation so that Linux has 50GB and
> Windows has 10GB > I hope to see you guys some time. :D

I did a similar thing when my last disk died, I went for a 20GB windows
partition and have put the rest to use for linux distros (I went for a 120GB
disk cos I am greedy) I use a swap partition and a / partition and have put
the rest into extended partitions. I have had no probs so far but if the
disk dies it will take a bit to recover all of it, but fortunately all
important stuff sits on a dvd-ram

Hope to see u soon

Robin