[Sussex] iPAQ installation

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Wed Mar 26 09:30:00 UTC 2003

Morning Dom

On 26 March 2003 at 09:10 Dominic wrote:
> Just downloaded BootBlaster_1.18.exe.   I put it on my iPAQ,
> ran it, and it said:
>
> 'Application Bootblaster_1.18.exe has performed an illegal
> operation and will be shut down.'
>
> Would you believe it...! :/

I'm gullible; I'll believe anything :-)

> Am I using the wrong version?  I copied to the iPAQ it (using the active
> sync thingy!)

That's the version I used, but then my iPAQ is an older version so maybe
better
supported.  It's also the only version at
http://handhelds.org/download/bootblaster/.

> But wait... This is the best bit... I moved the little window that said
> '...exception....'  and behind it was a (seemingly) working version of the
> Bootblaster.
>
> It allowed me to take a backup of my bootldr and copy it to
> my desktop!
>
> Did you see any errors like this?

Not that I remember.  But then I didn't have anything on the WinCE env that
I wanted to keep - so I downloaded the BootBlaster and the new BootLDR
image,
copied them to the iPAQ and installed the new BootLDR.  I've got quite an
old version - 'cos I followed the tried and tested method from the Familiar
v0.6 release.  There are new versions at
http://handhelds.org/download/bootldr/
which might be worth looking into.