[Sussex] Does this happen in Bind ? or on Lin boxes ?

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Sat Mar 29 08:50:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:41:02AM -0000, Mark Harrison wrote:
> In fact, PlusNet are being slightly misleading. There IS a negative caching
> problem in Microsoft code - but it's actually in Microsoft Proxy Server, and
> only then on multi-homed hosts.

nah there not... im talking about actually end users here..  which is
why I asked.

> To turn to the "would this happen".... problem:
>
> Scenario 1:
>
> As we know, all service providers look to provide support for Linux above all
> other operating systems. Had there been any issues whatsoever, they would have
> been highlighted by the service providers and workarounds posted.
>
> The fact that only Windows bugs are posted means that there are not, and have
> never been, any bugs in OpenSource software.
>

> Scenario 2:
>
> Actually, there are bugs in Linux, but the service providers don't give a stuff
> at supporting anyone on anything other than Windows, so Linux users will turn to
> other forums for help.
>
> Mark
dude, take a chill pill for a second.

seriously chill out..

I ask , seriously cause whilst I have not had any issues on the linux
side of things. Ive heard of problems from users with Win2k boxen. its a
question to the list regarding a aspect of the code. not a pop at
windows.

sigh...

and I can point to BIND/DJBDNS {sic} as a example of the differnce
between tight and non tight code.

Snake Oil salesman I may be but hey 30k of sales in a week will pay my
staffs salary .

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

Two atoms are talking to each other, and one says,
"I think I've just lost an electron!"
"Are you certain?" the other replies.
"Yes! I'm positive!"