[Sussex] True 3d display under LINUX

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Thu May 1 09:55:01 UTC 2003

Geoff

On 01 May 2003 at 09:23 Geoff Teale wrote:
> A new toy on the market (this is actually a serious tool in
> the world of Bioinformatics).  Best of all it support LINUX
> and openGL:
>
> http://www.actuality-systems.com/volumetric3d.php3

Kooool - I want one.  No I don't it has a $40k US price tag,
and the image size looks tiny (judging by the label and power
switch in the photo which is all I have for scale).

Why would you want this over 3D glasses (when connected to a
motion sensor they could allow you to look at a much bigger
image - and I suspect with better colour space and resolution.