[Sussex] Yet Another Windows Bug

davidfalk at btinternet.com davidfalk at btinternet.com
Sat May 3 12:22:02 UTC 2003

> [1] Add a small amount of HTML to the end of all EMAILs containing
> malformed HTML
>
> [2] Add a rewrite rule in apache that passes a little malformed HTML to
> the clients.

lots of ways, e.g. cross site scripting

(no idea if above example works not got ie to hand), hide in a link in an html email etc, lots of ways it can be used (similar shoveing other rather more narsty ie problems to get a greater effect then just crashing the browser)

another exmaple is guestbooks or similar on webpages. silly mentioned to some younger friends of mine that lots of guestbooks/similar don't do filtering on what you put in, so for insantce you could insert javascript. 10 minutes later they were inserting refresh's going to gotse.cx into big web sites :/

2 extremely simple examples

> ps.
> I use Mozilla and Mutt ... whats a Crash ?

won't comment heh.

David Falk
(david.falk at btinternet.com)
(davidfalk at lincore.co.uk)