[Sussex] Kernel 2.5 running on my Sony

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at krasnegar.demon.co.uk
Sat May 3 21:53:02 UTC 2003

Hi all

I've spent the last few hours getting my laptop upgraded and working
to 2.5.68.  I've got most of it there - still a little XF86 work to
do (isn't there always), but it is usable.  ACPI works, or at least
is giving me battery status, so I have a bit more work to do there.
The event's work (I can see messages when I close the lid and press
the power button) so there is a bit more work to do there. I haven't
configured in my USB mouse because it isn't to hand.

Anyway if you want try 2.5.68 yourself and want a starting point then
I wrote up the configure, and posted the .config and XF86Config-4 on
the web. You can find it at http://people.debian.org/~dobbo/.  It
must be full of typos but its there if it is of any interest.