[Sussex] Yet Another Windows Bug

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Mon May 5 12:42:01 UTC 2003

> Works a treat here @ uni, jus tested it on the comp... :D
>
> How bout this for an idea...
>
> 1. An email is sent causing the users version of outlook to crash. 2. a
> second email follows it, offering the user a "Clean up tool"
> 3. the "Clean up tool" is either
> 	a. A batchfile that wipes the hd, then installs gentoo
> 	b. a copy of BO2K for a bit of a laugh

This reminds me of the evilness we did to an old Windows box at demon, we
downloaded and installed litestep (a replacement for explorer.exe that
changes the look and feel towards afterstep.) A sysadmin was passing and
was amazed at what we had done, he thought we had reinstalled a different
OS on the box, and at the moment of clicking for an xterm and getting a
DOS box he screamed!

I suppose it wouldn't be too much to provide that cleanup tool that
completely removes the IE components from the computer, thereby rendering
the machine to look and feel like Windows 95 rather than XP ;) Then it
installs Mozilla.

> /me wonders at evilness of self... :D

I think evil is running a company where you run the essential servers on
Unix, but leave the rest of the workers with Windows, not for any other
reason other than the evilness of it all. crontabs on smbnuke anyone?

--
John