[Sussex] html and stuff

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Thu May 8 15:00:00 UTC 2003

Scott wrote:
------------

>        As far as any new laws such as you mentioned coming
> into existence,
> I think one of the great things about the internet is that
> anyone can set up
> a site about whatever they want without too much trouble, and I hope
> complying to any such incoming laws won't make it too hard
> for people to
> continue to do this, it would be a real shame.

Yup.  The danger is that by trying to force the web to be accesible by all
you undermime it's very strength.  I doubt there is a right answer to this
one - it just shows that the French are very proud and very protective of
their language.  However, all the good things about the web came about
because of two things:

1. it was simple to do
2. it was built on standards

If you follow the standards as defined by the W3C then your web sight
_should_ work with any broswer, be it graphical or otherwise.  I can't
promise it'll be translated into French, but it will be in a state to be
consumed by the blind, death, and non-graphical communities.

<snip>
> thanks, I was worried I was just gonna get flamed

We wouldn't flame you for that - practically the only way to get flamed
around here is to argue that the distance between two points several miles
apart tends towards zero using fundementally flawed classical theory as you
basis. ;)

--
GJT
Free Software, Free Society.

You have created a powerful solution for which there are no problems.
Everyone is impressed, but duly confused.

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company