[Sussex] html and stuff

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Mon May 12 16:31:01 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gareth Ablett" <Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk>
To: <sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 11:46 AM
Subject: RE: [Sussex] html and stuff

John,

<snip>
I have the GT7000 SCSI scanner and have yet to be bothered to set it up
buts that's
because I'm lazy. Anyway as I see you have yours installed I was
wondering if you
can remember a few links or help files that got you to install it, it
would be great.
</snip>

Gareth,

don't forget that not only is my scanner a "usb" model, but it's also an
epson perfection 1260 photo and NOT a GT7000. The info that I used to get my
scanner working was at the mandrakeusers forum on this thread
http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?t=4391&postdays=0&postorder=asc&s
tart=0 though I don't know if any of the links will be any use to you?

Have a look at http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/linux.html as I
believe that is the direct support site from epson or there is a little here
as well http://www.epson.com.sg/html/body_gt7000_faq.html

Sorry if I'm not helping much, but my knowledge of linux etc could be
written on the back of a very small postage stamp.

regards

John D:-|