[Sussex] WebCam on Linux

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Wed May 14 17:45:01 UTC 2003

> Having..fun up here in Cambridge.  Only thing causing me greif is this
> flakey-arse apt-get stuff - never mind Gentoo will be on this box soon.. ;-)
>
> Can anyone recommend a web cam we could use for "cheap" video conferencing on
> linux?

Good to see you're getting on well.
My creative webcam 3 is based on ov511 driver which runs fine under
linux,picture quality is shite, not sure about the newer ones.

I've also got one of the original ibmcams.... which also runs fine under
linux :) quality is slightly better than the creative, still not much
cop.
May have to get one of those quickcams, the 3ait looks pretty good.
Actually i remember it being in pieces in the 3ait offices but still
working :)

Tom

--
Tom Ellis <tom at trellisnet.co.uk>