[Sussex] WebCam on Linux

Angelo Servini Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk
Mon May 19 10:42:00 UTC 2003

<Geoff said>

>Having..fun up here in Cambridge.  Only thing causing me greif is this
>flakey-arse apt-get stuff - never mind Gentoo will be on this
>box soon.. ;-)

Hello Geoff,

Well, well your'e 'aving tribble with apt-get too huh? If I had broadband
available I would probably get gen-too too t' too t' too.  or would you
possibly apt-get gentoo? :p

Hi Mates, I'm back from the "Walk Wessex" a lot fitter, but feeling
absolutely knackered.  I had lots of conversations with all and sunder and
visited quite a few pubs in the Shirley area of Southampton and did about 5
to 10 miles a day on just shanksies pony, slept on cold hard church hall
floors (oo! the testosterone of it all!). Ive also lost about 1/2 a stone.

Believe me, when I got back, I slept all of Sunday!  See you all at the moot
on thurs 29th? correct me if I'm wrong.

I still have problems getting my PNY card reader going in Xandros, I have
consulted various books and helps to configure FSTAB.  It makes all the
right motions (Ie the "control panel" shows an USB device connected as a
card reader) but comes up with a "Media not found" error when I try to
access it.

Ive also detected a possible bug with KDE 2.?? (whatever).  I can cut and
paste from various apps. for example text editor to mozilla and back for a
few times, then it gets stuck with whatever was cut previously and will not
cut and paste any further.  Is there any way to unfreeze this, so that
subsequent cut'n'paste operations may be done?

Ta Angelo :)

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company