[Sussex] Debian is a pain in the bum

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu May 29 16:06:13 UTC 2003

Steve wrote:
------------
> That is why I suggested forcing the older version in by hand.
> It shouldn't clear out those packages that depend upon it.

Problem is we need to use Python2.2 and this dependency shouldn't have occurred in the first place.  None of this happens on our standard builds..

> Well if you will upgrade to a testing version what do you expect?

Fair enough..

The moral of this story is this.. package management is fine until it gets confused and then it's a real pain in the arse..

> Just remove the binary kernel package.  Nothing depends upon it.

I'm taking a different approach now.. I'm going to rebuild the partition *sigh*
--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com