[Sussex] The Geek Test

nik at wired4life.org nik at wired4life.org
Fri Nov 7 08:18:07 UTC 2003

On the Topics of Sci-Fi and Geeks.

if you were a character from a Major Sci-fi movie or TV Show , whom would
you be ? and which linux distro would you associate it with

Star Trek
   Im James T Kirk. I come in peace, shoot to kill.
   Star Trek is most like Slackware. everyone tries it , but it does not
   last.

Star Trek TNG
  Im Wesley Crusher, Brilliant but resented.
  Star Trek TNG  is most like Mandrake, big show inteteresting
  characters but you dont stay for to long.

Star Wars
 Im definetly Emperor Palpantine. Maniacal, Overlord and down right
 inisideous.
 Star Wars is most like Gentoo, new bits keep emerging from old stock.

Babylon 5
 IM definetly Londo Mollari, Loud, Effusive and taking over.
 Babylon 5 is most like Debian. Reliable with all its Dependancies met.

Dr Who
 Im like the 8th Doctor ( Mcoy ) , its not important you understand me
 because im going to be right anyway ( well until the Daleks float
 upstairs!)
 Dr Who is most like Suse. It keeps appearing in a new incarnation but
 just cant capture a audience.

So which show is most like Windows ?

Andromeda of Course!
 Big ships, pretty lights. No plot and full of holes....

Of course taking time to answer these questions, or even reading them
whilst thinking of your own answers creates at least a +10% modifier on
how geeky you really are! Its the differenec between Fandom and Fetish!

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

apt-get install zoe-ball
 To many unmet dependancies.