[Sussex] MS Exchange replacements?

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Tue Nov 11 15:43:35 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 15:11, Tony Austin wrote:
> > Tony,
> >
> > That's what I'd feared. Thanks for confirming.
> >
> > I don't object to web-based calendars, BTW, it's just that some clients
> > are
> > keen to hang onto Outlook, which at the moment means ($$$) MAPI :-(
>
> Some of my users insist on using OL and OL Exp, both will work as IMAP
> clients.

FWIW, I use Evolution by Ximian (http://www.ximian.com/) and it's almost
identical to outlook in the way it looks and feels.  The main reason I
use it is to show that Linux isn't that different from Windows (at least
from a visuals point), thereby encouraging others to use it because it
looks like what they're used to.

Ximian also do a ximian-connector, enabling Evolution to connect to M$
Exchange Servers, but this is not open source AFAIK.

Matt
--
|Matthew Macdonald-Wallace         |