[Sussex] MS Exchange replacements? [Scanned as virus free]

Grant Snelling grant.snelling at gkscomputers.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 18:02:35 UTC 2003

Hi All,

If you are willing spend money then one option is Stalker's CommuniGate
Pro.

I quote from their web site :-

CommuniGate Pro Groupware
Architectural Overview

Traditionally, enterprises have had to settle for expensive,
high-maintenance messaging solutions in order to have collaboration
functionality on the desktop. Now, Stalker Software enables Microsoft(r)
Outlook's e-mail, calendaring, and group scheduling functionality, while
talking to standards-based CommuniGate Pro on the back end.

With the addition of Groupware functionality, CommuniGate Pro is a
robust, standards-based messaging platform for organizations that want
to add calendaring and group scheduling on the desktop, and those
looking to replace Microsoft(r) Exchange.

http://www.stalker.com/cpro/default.html

We have been running it as an ISP mail server for over 5 years & are
impressed with it's performance; especially under Linux - although it
runs on most platforms inc. AS/400

You can download a fully functional copy to play with from the site.

Regards

Grant.

Grant Snelling

e-mpower.IT