[Sussex] EU v. M$FT

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Wed Nov 12 18:03:45 UTC 2003

Tony,

I believe the scope of this case is now fairly fixed, but it is very
good that you bring these things to the attention of your MEP.

One upshot of a successful case would be that it would mean that
Microsoft would be recognised as a monopoly in the EU which would in
turn leave them open for further litigation for abuses of the power
provided by their monopoly.

I have heard a rumour that Nokia, Psion, Palm (+ Handspring) and
Sony-Ericsson are waiting for this to bring a joint case against
Microsoft for trying to utilise their monopoly on consumer desktops to
obtain unfair advantage in the palm-top and mobile phone market - we
wait with baited breath.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com
--
"Never make any mistaeks." (Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a
kernel bug report.)