[Sussex] Postfix Fun!

matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Nov 17 15:06:57 UTC 2003

All,

I'm trying to get my copy of postfix up and running so I can email without
having to use the Webmail system provided my webhost.

unfortunately I can't post my main.cf, but the error I'm getting is to do with
set_guid being less than one or equal to 0.  The problem is, the file says it
must be a group that isn't related to the postfix user, so I created a group
called dummy and assigned this to the section of the main.cf, and then it gets
upset that the programs it is trying to run are not owned by this group!

I'm very tempted to see if there's another solution to this other than postfix.

I used to use the ISP settings here at home, but it won't let me since I rebuilt
my system from scratch over the weekend. (Gentoo 1.4, currently compiling
OpenOffice.org, has been for at least 24hrs now because it didn't want to do it
from binary...)

Am also just about to try "prelinking" for the first time, and thoughts on this,
good or bad?

TIA,

Matt