[Sussex] Postfix Fun!

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Mon Nov 17 17:52:27 UTC 2003

> unfortunately I can't post my main.cf, but the error I'm getting is to
> do with set_guid being less than one or equal to 0.  The problem is, the
> file says it must be a group that isn't related to the postfix user, so
> I created a group called dummy and assigned this to the section of the
> main.cf, and then it gets upset that the programs it is trying to run
> are not owned by this group!

I'm guessing that you are trying to run one of the programs as root,
rather than the postfix user.

> I'm very tempted to see if there's another solution to this other than
> postfix.

You have the choice of:

sendmail and exim

It seems to me that postfix' config files change on every code version, so
most mail admins don't get on with it, at least that was the opinion of
the mail admins at Demon.

--
John