[Sussex] IT qualifications advice

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sat Nov 29 00:28:08 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 23:50, Alan J Fitton wrote:

> Perhaps, but I get the impression it's harder to get far without A levels,
> or equivilents these days. I suspect it's changed since the time you were
> at the same stage as me :)

Heh now - I'm not _that_ old.

Frankly, if you've got the cash it seems you can get into Uni anywhere
these days, we're getting more like the USA everyday ;)

One thing hasn't changed though - it's a lot easier with A-levels than
without.  All I am saying is that developing IT skills outside of school
is still a valuable exercise.

> Thanks for the reply!
> Time for me to hit the sack :-)

OK...